우리들 이야기

Pastor's Column

한인만을 위한 교회? 다민족을 위한 교회? Church for only Koreans? Church for all nations? (03/17/24)

최근에 계속해서 기도가 되고 떠오르는 성경 구절은 마태복음 28:19-20 “너희는 모든 민족으로 제자를 삼아...” 이 본문에서 자꾸만 도전이 됩니다. ‘모든 민족’을 제자를 삼으라고 했는데, 실제 비전교회는 98%이상이 한인입니다. 물론 46개 목장을 통해서 선교사님들을 섬김으로 간접적으로 참여하고 있습니다. 이런 마음의 부담감을 제가 가르치는 삶공부를 할 때 한 두번 나눈 적도 있습니다. 실제로 그렇게 하는 교회는 없기 때문에 구체적인 그림도 없었습니다. 두 분의 목자님이 목장일기에서 VIP를 만나 전도하고 싶어서 코스코와 마트에 갔다고 합니다. 한 목자님은 한인이라 2차 만남도 가능했지만, 다른 목자님은 몽골인 부부를 인사만 하고 다시 만날 약속도 못하고 헤어져서 아쉬워 했습니다. 그러던 중에 지난 주에 김인기 목사님을 통해서 호주 멜번의 호산나 교회 김종욱 목사님이 목회자를 위한컨퍼런스에서 40분 간증하신다는 소식을 전해주셨습니다. 

그 교회는 길거리에 다니며 전도를 해서 예배에 한어, 영어, 중국어로 동시통역을 하며 지금은 약 500명이 넘는 교회로 성장을 했습니다. 김종욱 목사님께 전화를 드렸습니다. 이번에 오시는 김에 우리교회에 설교도 해 주시고, 교회 지도자나 성도님들에게 어떻게 그렇게 하셨는지, 그리고 다민족 교회에 대한 마음을 나눠주실 수 있는지 여쭈었습니다. 놀랍게도 김종욱 목사님은 멜번 호산나 교회의 성도 5명과 같이 대부분을 교회 자비로 오셔서 4월 2일부터 토요일까지 길거리 전도의 시범과 훈련을 해 주시겠다고 했습니다. 저는 갑자기 이런 일이 이루어 져서 교회 식구들이 힘들지 않을까 하는 마음도 한편으로 있지만, 다른 한편으로 전도 시범을 보고 배울수 있다는 점과 ‘한인교회’로 머물지 않고 ‘모든 민족’을 품는 마태복음 28장의 교회에 대한 마음을 비전교회가 공감하는 시간이 되기를 간절히 기도합니다.  

The verse that comes to my mind often and I pray recently is in the Book of Matthew 28:19-20. But this phrase "make disciples of all nations" continues to challenge me. The Bible tells us to make disciples of "All Nations" but our Vision Church is over 98% Korean. Of course, we indirectly participate by serving missionaries around the globe with our 46 HCs. I have shared my current challenges during Life Bible study classes that I hosted a couple of times. There is no specific example to follow since I couldn't find a church that does this. Two of our HC leaders shared with their HC Journal that they went to Costco and grocery stores because they wanted to meet VIP and share the Good News. One HC leader further shared that they could meet VIPs again since they were Korean. However, another HC leader shared his regret that he couldn't follow up with VIP after the first encounter because those VIPs were a Mongolian couple. While doing all of this, Rev Kim shared that Paster Jong-wook Kim (Senior Pastor of Melbourne Hosanna Church in Australia) will be sharing his testimony for 40 minutes during the HC pastor's conference in April. 

His church has grown to over 500 members by sharing Gospels on the street and hosting simultaneous translation services in Korean, English, and Chinese. I gave a call to Rev. Jongwook Kim. I asked Rev Jongwook Kim to visit our church for the Sunday Sermon during his visit. I further asked him if he could share how his church's lay leaders and members could do the ministry and their vision toward the church of many nations. To my surprise, he told me that he and five of his church members agreed to visit us, out of their pocket. He even wants to train and demonstrate how to do the street Gospel sharing starting April 2 to April 6. I worry that this might make some of our church family members uncomfortable because this happened all of a sudden. However, this is a great opportunity to watch and learn with good examples. I earnestly pray that this becomes the opportunity for us to move forward with the vision from the "Korean Church" to the "Church of all nations" that is written in the Book of Matthew Chapter 28.

댓글목록

Pastor's Column 바룩의 서재

NO 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
106 죽을 때 후회하는 다섯 가지(최영기목사 글 참조) The Top Five Regrets of Dying (04/… 웹섬김이 04-28 22
105 자기 개발을 합시다! Let's Do Self Development! (04/21/24) 웹섬김이 04-21 56
104 모든 민족을 위한 교회가 되려면 In Order to become a Church of All Nations (04/14/24) 웹섬김이 04-14 111
103 그래도 예수님 믿어야 합니다! Still, Must Believe Jesus! (04/07/24) 웹섬김이 04-07 112
102 다음 번 수요성령집회는 Next Wednesday’s Holy Spirit Service (03/31/24) 웹섬김이 04-01 128
101 3명의 목장 VIP 정하기 Choose 3 VIP for HC (03/24/24) 웹섬김이 03-24 130
100 한인만을 위한 교회? 다민족을 위한 교회? Church for only Koreans? Church for all nati… 웹섬김이 03-17 102
99 목장방문에 대해서 In Reference to HC visit (03/10/24) 웹섬김이 03-10 118
98 직분자 선출에 대해 Upon the election of our ministers (03/03/24) 웹섬김이 03-03 138
97 교회 일정들이 바뀔수 있습니다. There might be a change to Church calendar. (02/25/24) 웹섬김이 02-25 135
96 코칭에서 배운 것 Lesson learned from the coaching (02/18/24) 웹섬김이 02-18 145
95 지금부터 집중하는 세 가지 (Three things to focus, starting now) 2/11/24 웹섬김이 02-11 162
94 세족식의 의미 Meaning of maundy (02/04/24) 웹섬김이 02-05 117
93 평세로 섬기면 무슨 유익이 있나요? What is good to serve during HC Seminar for lay lead… 웹섬김이 01-29 154
92 평신도를 위한 가정교회 세미나를 섬깁시다. Let's Serve "HC Seminar for Lay lea… 웹섬김이 01-22 145
91 가정교회 미래를 생각하며 Reflection Upon the future of House Church (01/14/24) 웹섬김이 01-14 143